Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hidranenitus Suppurativa

Dammit what a long name! Most people just call it HS. It's what I have. It's why I am here, I guess....home, I mean... on a medical leave.

Yeah, I'm home on a 4 month medical leave from work to heal and create a more healthy me. So far, I'm only doing marginally well at it.

My fiance bought us a WiiFit to encourage us both to pay attention to our bodies and focus on losing some weight. It's working...kind of. I started so "gung ho" and proceeded to injure my knees to the point of barely walking... dumb move....yeah I know. He also bought us an eliptical machine on which to exercise.n So far I've been pretty intermittent about using it....pfft, I suck.

Anyway, this HS is a bitch to have. It hurts. Basically I get absesses or "boils" on my skin in the "warm and fat" places on my body. Right now it's pretty much anywhere! I've been told by my doctor that I'm one of the "lucky" ones because for me it also appears on my face.

It's a not fun disease and there are many theories on how to cure/ arrest it. I'm in the process of trying several, the main one being weight loss. The main problem is that is that I'm lazy as hell! I keep telling myself what I should be doing and really don't follow through with regularity. It's so sad.

Anyway, if you are wondering what HS is all about, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradenitis_suppurativa

It's the best explaination that I have found so far...

No comments: