Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Aren't you feeling better?

The few people with whom I speak from my job site have asked me this question in regard to my taking 4 months off from work.

Hmm.... well yes and no. As far as my general health, yes! there is definitely some improvement, I'm consciously eating better, I'm exercising more, I'm losing a little weight and generally feeling a bit more rested.

As far as my HS, well no... I'm still having outbreaks and they still hurt like the dickens and it's moved back to my face again! Now I have found that my HS tends to show on my face as more a result of concentrated and intense stress. Since my doctor is having to cut back on my steroid injections, I pretty much have to live with the outbreaks on my face... yuck!

As far as my stress relief from work...absolutely NOT. I have been out of the office for a month now and my place of employment has been dragging out the approval process for my leave...which in turn has not helped my stress level.

So I'm now 6 weeks into my leave, I still have not achieved the benchmark I had wanted to achieve by now and my motivation level is still not where I would like it to be... I still have 10 weeks to go.

No comments: